What is AggieBuy?
AggieBuy is a web-based e-Commerce system developed by Texas A&M University, in partnership with SciQuest, which replaces the purchasing functionality previously provided by FAMIS and the Buy A&M (BAM) system. Customers may browse and shop from numerous online catalogs (each of which is accessible directly through the AggieBuy UI) and Texas A&M Contracts, or place orders to virtually any supplier through a “non-catalog/non-contract” requisitioning process. Invoices and payment requests are initiated and created within AggieBuy, which is fully integrated with FAMIS.
Who can use AggieBuy?
Employees of Texas A&M University-College Station, Texas A&M University-Galveston, Texas A&M University School of Law, Texas A&M University Health Science Center, and Texas A&M University-Qatar are eligible to use AggieBuy to initiate and fully process purchasing transactions on behalf of their departments.
What are the benefits of AggieBuy?
- It provides a one-stop shopping experience with virtually all suppliers - no need to remember multiple web sites or set up individual accounts and profiles with individual suppliers.
- Similar to other online shopping sites, products may be searched by keyword, part number, category, or "favorites" lists.
- Real cost savings – Texas A&M’s contracts and “best value” sources are readily accessible.
- Quicker turnaround since there are no delegated dollar limits on orders placed with contracted suppliers.
- Requisitions are automatically budget-checked and routed through a departments’ specified Approval Workflow.
- Invoicing is centralized and automated, which minimizes or eliminates paper invoice processing and Payment Card receipts and reconciliation reports.
- Provides greater spend visibility, reporting, and analysis.